Dear First Grade Families,
I hope everyone had a great Fall break! It was nice spending time with family and friends along with having a few days to rest.
- Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled to take place on December 7. I will be sending an email through sign-up genius. Please be on the lookout for that email this week and grab a spot that works for you.
- Oasis Academy Student Council will be collecting brand new pajamas for our annual Scholastic Pajama Drive. All pajamas will be donated to local children in need. If you’re able, please donate a new pair of pajamas–we will accept donations through Thursday, December 13th.
- Homework policy reminder- Please don’t forget to date and initial your child’s homework log each day. During their 20 minutes of reading homework, please spend a few minutes practicing sight words and the rest of the time reading the book I send home and other books of your child’s choice.
This week in first grade:
- we will review concrete, proper, and common nouns, as well as verbs.
- we will practice finding words with long and short vowel sounds.
- we will learn about the problem and solution in a story, as well as how to explain the plot of the story.
- we will practice how to ask and answer questions using who, what, when, where, why, and how.
- we will present our Community Helper posters.
- we will be begin studying about rural, suburban, and urban communities.
A Math Message from Miss Garcia
This week the 1st graders will continue to work on problem solving strategies and fact families. They will also complete several mini-assessments since the trimester is almost over.
Hope you have a fabulous week!