We are so excited to start the new school year! It was great to see so many faces at our meet and greet and back to school night! We look forward to working closely with you to ensure your child’s success.
- Label all your child’s personal belongings (jackets, lunchbox, headphones, water bottles).
- Send a water bottle with your child.
- Send a morning snack in an outside pocket of your child’s backpack.
- Create a sign with your child’s first and last name to bring to pickup.
- Complete the papers in your child’s binder and return to school (If you didn’t make it to back to school night, your child will receive their binder on Monday.)
- Please subscribe to our classroom blog if you have not yet.
- Reading homework for the first week is creating a binder cover (this will come home the first day of school)
- Nightly reading homework will begin the second week of school, you may begin completing the reading log at this time.
- Math homework will begin on Tuesday, please have your child complete and return in your binder.
- Please make sure homework does NOT take longer than 20 minutes for reading and 10 minutes for math. If this occurs, please just send an email or note, letting me know.
THIS WEEK IN CLASS WE WILL:
- Learn classroom procedures
- Work on our TRIBES agreements
- Choose good fit books
- Build stamina reading to self
- Explore with math manipulatives
- Review counting
CLASSROOM WISH LIST:
–Pink erasers (We forgot this important item on our supply list!)
THANK YOU for sharing your child with us this year!
First Grade Team