–PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
-The nurse is running low on spare clothes for students with potty accidents. If you are able to, then please leave a set for your child in their backpack just in case. Thank you!
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
LAST WEEK IN FIRST GRADE WE….
- Identified closed and open syllables.
- Began discussing the attributes of a fiction story.
- Researched a community helper in our TRIBES group.
- Started our word study (-ap family).
- Assessed our ability to rhyme.
- Listened to the story Room on the Broom and built a “broom” that could hold creatures out of 5 straws and tape.
- Related missing part number bonds to missing addend equations.
- Determined if an equation was true or false.
- Took an assessment on addition equations, missing addends, and true/false statements.
THIS WEEK WE WILL….
- Continue determining when syllables are open or closed.
- Review specific fiction story elements including characters, setting, problem and solution.
- Identify the sounds common digraphs make (ch, sh, wh, th).
- Take the information we have gathered about our community helpers and begin creating a poster with this information.
- Take our first word study assessment with -ap family words.
- Revise our broom designs from last week and try again!
- Tell subtraction number stories and write subtraction equations that match these stories.
- Relate missing part number bonds to subtraction equations. EX: This number bond with a whole of 10 and a part of 5 could also be written as a subtraction equation of 10-5=_.
SAVE THE DATE:
November 1st–Future Fest Dinner!–All of the 1st grade teachers have wonderful donations for the auction! Be sure to get your tickets ASAP!