Hi Bighorns! I hope y’all have enjoyed your Mother’s Day weekend. Between my own kiddos Mother’s Day gifts and the treats my students gave me for Teacher Appreciation last week, I feel truly blessed. Thank you for all of the flowers, chocolates, treats and sweet notes that were sent to make me feel so special!
In projects, students will continue to work on the slideshow with their two partners from Mrs. Feest’s class. We will attempt to complete the industry slideshows and begin presenting them this week. We also had the pleasure of having two guest speakers this week. Dr. Casey shared her medical knowledge with us and and Trooper Bake discussed his career in law enforcement. Both of the guest speakers were flooded with questions and the students really enjoyed both presentations.
In writing, students are wrapping up their first informative report on volcanoes of their choice. They have been working so hard, and I am really looking forward to reading their essays. As students complete their volcano paper, they will write another informative report on a topic of their choice. They are always more excited when THEY get to choose what they write about! Students are reminded to follow the writing process, revise and edit their papers and take their time to produce a quality paper that I know they are capable of writing.
- 5/14-5/15 (Tuesday and Wednesday this week)- SBAC testing, ELA, in Mrs. Renfroe’s room
- May 13 -16th- Buy One Get One Book Fair extravaganza
- 7:45 – 8:15 AM, 11:15 AM – 2:30 PM, 3:45 – 4:45 PM
- located in the Maker’s Space by the 8th grade classrooms
- cash, checks, credit cards
- Time to stock up for summer reading ?
- May 16- Jeans and Tees Day
- K-10 Jeans/Shorts & Tees to support students going to Costa Rica for a Service project trip. Students can wear any bottom and any shirt for a minimum donation of $1. Bottoms can be jeans, shorts or skirts that cover as much as a uniform would and any t-shirt that is appropriate and covers as much as a uniform top.