Hello First Grade Families,
I hope everyone had an amazing Easter weekend. Can you believe that we have been in school for 30 weeks. The time has just zoomed by!!
Important Reminders/ Information:
- With the weather warming up, I suggest students bring a filled water bottle every day. Please label it with their name.
- Don’t forget to label all layered clothing. This way if it gets lost it will be easily returned..
Last week on first grade:
- We reviewed common and proper nouns.
- We practiced finding the main idea and key details of a paragraph.
- We continued to study Biomimicry and practiced camouflaging moths to match an area in our classroom.
- We discussed small moment stories and created a list of possible stories to write.
This week in first grade:
- We will begin our new word spelling study. (-ain words)
- We will review the difference between plural and possessive nouns.
- We will continue to find the main idea and key details of a paragraph.
- We will finish up our Biomimicry unit with some fun projects.
- We will begin writing our small moment stories.
A Math Message from Miss Garcia
This week the first graders will revisit 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional shapes. We will also begin working on fractions. As a class, we will discuss partitioning circles and rectangles into 2 (halves) and 4 (quarters/fourths) equal parts. Our math vocabulary will include: half, half-of, fourths and quarters.
Have a great week!