We had a great second week of school! We are getting into a routine and lots of learning is happening!
- Reading every night for 20 minutes
- Math facts sheet each night
- Please make sure homework does NOT take longer than 20 minutes for reading and 10 minutes for math. If this occurs, please just send an email or note, letting me know.
LAST WEEK IN FIRST GRADE WE…
- Worked on our TRIBES agreements of Mutual Respect and No Put Downs
- Chose Good Fit books
- Built stamina when reading to self
- Began writing about each TRIBE member
- Reviewed short vowel sounds
- Reviewed counting and ordering numbers to 10
- Took our first math assessment (everyone did GREAT!)
THIS WEEK IN CLASS WE WILL:
- Work on the TRIBES agreement of Appreciations
- Learn about syllables
- Continuing to write about our TRIBE members
- Introduce Work on Writing
- Continue to build reading stamina
- Begin a new unit on Number Bonds (Numbers Bonds are a mental picture that shows the relationship between a number and the parts that combine to make it. ) Number Bond example:
THIS WEEK’S SLIDESHOW INCLUDES….
- Building stamina reading to self
- Ordering numbers to 10
- Pattern block exploration
- Lego STEM activity (Groups were given time to plan and then build a chair out of Legos for a stuffed animal. Then the students were able to redesign if necessary. All groups were successful!)