Dear first grade families,
I hope everyone had a great weekend and are adjusting to the time change. I can’t bel
Reminder– 1st graders will be presenting their animal slide shows on Thursday at 1:30 in the lunch room. This is open house style. We hope you will able to make it.
Last week 1st graders –
- added a resource page and transitions to their animal slide shows
- practiced breaking word into syllables to help decode unknown longer words
- found the root word and identified how words change when we add a prefix or suffix to them.
- Started writing poetry by making an acrostic poem and a heart map.
- Celebrated Dr. Seuss’s birthday and the 100’s day of school.
- practiced words in the one family (bone, cone, drone) and our star words **where, **all, and **of
This week we will…
- write poetry incluing color poems, I like Poems and ing poems.
- practice our slide shows
- find root words and identify how prefixes and suffixes change the meaning of root words
- determine where commas go when writing words in a series and the date.
Reminders — Spring break is next week. I hope everyone has a fun and restful week off.
Homework — Remember to read for 20 minutes and complete the math fact sheet. —No homework on Thursday, March 12th due to Spring Break.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 3/12/20- Animal Slideshow Presentations @ 1:30 in the Lunchroom
- 3/16/20 – Spring Break starts
- 3/23/20 – Students return to school