Hello First Grade Families,
Spring Break is almost here!!! It’s hard to believe we are a week into the third trimester. The school year is flying by and before we know it, our first graders will be moving on to second grade. I am so proud of all the progress they have made and I am looking forward to meeting with you all for conferences.
- Spring Break- April 1-4
- March 28- The first grade classes will be presenting their animal slideshows from 1:00-1:45. I hope you will be able to stop by to see these wonderful projects.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be April 12. Please be watching your email for a Signup Genius soon.
- THIS MONDAY- March 25- “I’m All Ears – OA Parents Asking Questions” forum. The forum will be held on the following dates at both 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 5:15-5:45 p.m. This is an effort to provide a forum for parents to ask any question they want regarding any topic. The “I’m All Ears” forum will have no agenda! Parents can bring any questions to the table and get accurate answers from school leadership.
Last week in first grade:
- We made our word list and practiced -one words during word work.
- We practiced writing sentences with prepositions, conjunctions and adjectives.
- We learned how to find the main topic and key details in a nonfiction text.
- We discussed point of view in a story and how to use quotation marks.
- We worked on our poetry unit and finished our animal slideshows.
This week in first grade:
- We will practice point of view of a story and look for quotation marks.
- We will learn about prepositional phrases.
- We will work with a partner to find the main topic and key details in a paragraph.
- We will continue to learn about root words, prefixes and suffixes.
- We will present our animal slideshows to the second grade students, parents and families.
A Math Message from Miss Garcia:
This week the 1st grade class will be reviewing word problems and addition/subtraction
Strategies. On Thursday, the first graders will practice Branch Addition and Partial sum by completing addition relay races.
There will be no homework given on Thursday afternoon due to Spring Break.