Week 26 3/2/20
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
Last week we:
- Practiced and tested on -ide words as well as the words “they” and “what”.
- Reviewed that all proper nouns (names of people, places or things) need to be capitalized.
- Learned where we properly add commas in dates and when listing things in a series.
- Wrote an informative piece on animals we have learned about through our research.
- Continued to work on creating our animal slideshows.
- Attended FFA’s Ag day to learn about the projects that FFA students have.
- Added and subtracted 1,2, or 3 from a two digit number (without regrouping) using strategies such as counting on or back.
This week we will:
- Our word study pattern for the next 2 weeks will be the long o (-one) pattern. — Bone, cone, drone, alone
- Learn that root words are the basic part of a word. For example–happy is the root word in the word unhappy
- Discuss and begin to understand what a prefix and suffix are and how they change the meaning of a root word.
- Continue to practice adding commas in the written date as well as when listing items in a series.
- Add transitions to our slideshow presentations and begin practicing presenting them.
- Begin to learn about and start writing poetry, starting with acrostic poems and color poems.
- Enjoy reading many Dr. Suess books to celebrate his birthday and Read Across America Week.
- Celebrate the 100th day of school with many fun activities!
- Add and subtract 1,2, or 3 from a two digit number (without regrouping) using strategies such as counting on or back.
- Practice making the next ten
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 3/16/20 – Spring Break starts
- 3/23/20 – Students return to school