Wow! Second trimester is in the books! I can’t believe that we are two thirds of the way complete with this school year. Time has truly flown by. Please remember that parent teacher conferences are this Friday. I look forward to meeting with each of you! ****For an extra surprise in class, have your child write down and bring into me a fact that they learned about George Washington or Abraham Lincoln from last week.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
Last week we:
- Wrapped up learning about conjunctions and combining sentences
- Identified and practiced words with long i (ide) patterns. In addition to the -ide pattern we also practiced spelling the words “they” and “what”.
- Continued asking and answering questions about a text
- Created circle maps about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
- Compared and contrasted the two presidents
- Wrote a nonfiction text piece about one of the presidents we learned about
- Continued working on animal slideshows
- Continued to represent numbers to 40 as tens and ones.
- With numbers to 40 we added one more, one less, ten more, ten less.
- Compared numbers to 40 using greater than and less than terms as well as knowing that a number with more tens is be larger than a number with less tens.
This week we will:
- Continue to practice and test on -ide words as well as the words “they” and “what”.
- Review that all proper nouns (names of people, places or things) need to be capitalized.
- Learn where we properly add commas in dates and when listing people or items in a series.
- Write an informative piece on animals we have learned about through our research.
- Continue to work on creating our animal slideshows.
- Attend FFA’s Ag day to learn about the projects that FFA students have.
- Add and subtract 1,2, or 3 from a two digit number (without regrouping) using strategies such as counting on or back.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 2/28/20 – Parent Teacher Conferences
- 3/16/20 – Spring Break starts
- 3/23/20 – Students return to school