I hope you all had a long wonderful weekend! I will be sending out a link to sign up for conferences soon. Please sign up for a time slot so we can discuss your child’s progress together.
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
Last week we:
- Continued using conjunctions to combine simple sentences into complex sentences.
- Determined the main topic of a text and identified supporting details.
- Asked and answered questions after listening to a read aloud.
- Took a word study assessment on -ate words and also was, saw, and are.
- Compared and contrasted two non-fiction texts with the same topic.
- Began creating animal slideshows
- Determined the characters, setting, beginning, middle and end after listening to a story that was read aloud.
- Counted and ordered numbers to 40.
- Represented a two digit number in tens and ones
This week we will:
- Wrap up learning about conjunctions and combining sentences
- Identify and practice words with long i (ide) patterns. In addition to the -ide pattern we will also practice spelling the words “they” and “what”.
- Continue asking and answering questions about a text
- Create circle maps about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
- Compare and contrast the two presidents
- Write a nonfiction text piece about one of the presidents we learned about
- Continue working on animal slideshows
- Continue to represent numbers to 40 as tens and ones.
- With numbers to 40 we will add one more, one less, ten more, ten less.
- Compare numbers to 40 using greater than and less than terms as well as knowing that a number with more tens will be larger than a number with less tens.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- 2/20/20 – End of the 2nd Trimester
- 2/28/20 – Parent Teacher Conferences
- 3/16/20 – Spring Break starts
- 3/23/20 – Students return to school
For a clip up tomorrow morning (2/18/20), write down one book you read over the weekend with your child and have them bring it in tomorrow morning and give it to me!