I can’t believe how fast time is flying by. It is amazing to watch the 1st graders learn and grow. They make so much progress this time of year! They are all becoming great readers and writers.
VALENTINE’S DAY —
We will have a small party on Valentine’s Day! We will be completing a craft, playing a game and sharing Valentine cards. If your child would like to bring in Valentines to share please include 24 (1 per child) and don’t have them write who it is to just who it is from. This makes passing them out so much easier.
Valentine Dress Fundraiser- For a donation of $1, students may wear red, white or pink clothing (clothing must be modest, covering the body as much as a uniform would). Please see the email sent out by the school for more information. All proceeds will go to the Family Engagement Committee to help fund future events.
LAST WEEK IN FIRST GRADE…
- We started our class research project on penguins. We will be using the non fiction text features we have learned and adding them to the non fiction books we will be writing.
- We took our word study assessment on ump words and the first graders did an amazing job.
- We started learning about adjectives. Have your 1st grader tell you all about adjectives.
- We wrote about what animal we would like to be.
- Read TACKY the penguin books (these are so much fun the students and I just love them)
This week we will…
- Continue to learn about adjectives.
- ask and answer questions about fiction stories.
- review long and short vowel sounds in words.
- Continue to research penguins
- ***our new word study patter is ING words. (king, wing, bling, singing etc.)
Math News from Miss Garcia
This week the first grade students will tell and write time to the hour and half hour using analog and digital clocks.
Have a wonderful week!!
Mrs. Rowlett & Miss Garcia