Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful break! We are ready to dive into the second half of the school year! There is a lot left to learn!
***HELP NEEDED- Our class is in need of a parent volunteer to help administer Word Study assessments every other Thursday morning. This would begin 1/16/20 and continue every other Thursday through the rest of the school year. The commitment is 45 minutes long. If this is something that you think you can help our class with, please email me. Thanks! firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Learn about pronouns (he, she, they, etc.)
- Introduce a few nonfiction text features (heading, table of contents, bold print words)
- Work with a new word study pattern (-ing words)
- Write about what we did over Winter Break
- Write our New Year’s resolution
- Research an animal
- Compare lengths of two or more objects.
- Measure objects using non-standard units such as using paper clips to measure an object or unifix cubes.
SAVE THE DATE:
- Jan 20th-MLK Day–No School
MAP Points for Popsicles! Students earned popsicles and extra play time!