Dear First Grade Parents,
Welcome back!! I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful Winter Break. It was so much fun seeing all the smiling faces this morning and hearing all about their Christmas adventures.
Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful break! We are ready to dive into the second half of the school year! There is a lot left to learn!
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Learn about pronouns.
- Introduce a few nonfiction text features (heading, table of contents, bold print words)
- Work with a new word study pattern (-ing words)
- Write about what we did over Winter Break
- Write our New Year’s resolution
- Research an animal
- Compare lengths of two or more objects.
- Measure objects using non-standard units such as using paper clips to measure an object or unifix cubes.
SAVE THE DATE:
- Jan 20th-MLK Day–No School
Have a wonderful week!!