It’s hard to believe that we are down to the last week before Christmas! We will spend the week continuing to review and assess on many concepts and also enjoy a few holiday activities as well.
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Literacy Afternoon is Wednesday, December 18th at 1:15 in our classroom.
- Classroom party is Thursday, December 19th at 12:30
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
LAST WEEK WE…
- MAP tested in both reading and math (Our class is full of MATH wizards! We also did well with our reading MAP test.)
- Enjoyed a visit from a local dentist
- Continued to review and took an assessment on possessive nouns
- Reviewed and took an assessment on common nouns
- Continued to review Sentence types and the punctuation that goes with each type
- Finished our final drafts of our “Best Christmas Gift” writing
- Finished our “Me on the Map” project books (Added country, continent, and planet this week)
- Shared through writing how we would make the “Grinch Grin”
- Built “snow shovels” to move as much “snow” (rice) as possible
- Took an assessment on telling time to the hour and half hour.
- Began learning about fractions! Whole-1/1, one half-½, fourths or quarters-¼
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Review and assess on proper nouns.
- Continue to review and assess on verb tenses.
- Review sentence types and the correct punctuation that goes with each type.
- Use 5 star sentences to write a letter to Santa
- Use our 5 senses to write what it would be like to live in a snow globe.
- Complete a snowman directed draw and write 5 star sentences with a verb of what their snowman would do at Christmas.
- Celebrate our MAP testing results
- Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and reading with a parent at our Literacy Activity.
- Review fractions and take an assessment.
- Create fraction snowmen using wholes, halves, and quarters.
SAVE THE DATE:
- Dec. 18th–First Grade Literacy Activity @ 1:15p.m.
- Dec. 19th–Class Christmas Party @ 12:30
- Dec. 23rd–1st day of Winter Break
THIS WEEK’S SLIDESHOW INCLUDES…
- A visit from Dr. Ferguson and his staff.
- Partitioning shapes into halves and quarters
- How to make a Grinch Grin
- STEM challenge- Created items to move as much “snow” as possible in 15 seconds. So fun to see their creations!