Welcome back Bighorns! I hope y’all had a wonderful Christmas break! Most of my time off was spent with either myself or my kids sick, but we managed to have a fun vacation to Missouri to visit family and enjoy some much needed down time.
As we begin the new year, we will be jumping right back in to the swing of things. In projects we will begin a new unit on the Natural Earth processes on humans. I will send home the list of projects vocabulary terms to help your child study for their test on Thursday. The students will compare the Engineering method and Scientific method and discuss their different uses, make plans for constructing an earthquake proof structure, and finally build their structure out of different food items. I have created a signup genius (see link below) for a few items that are not in the current classroom supply cabinet. Although we plan to build the structures on Thursday, I have asked for the supplies by Wednesday so I will have time to prepare the supply stations for the students.
In writing, we will start the week with a fun New Year’s Resolution activity. The students will also finish their original crazy weather story based off the book “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”. They will also be introduced to the OREO model of opinion writing and begin organizing their examples to write an opinion piece.
I’m looking forward to seeing all the kids on Monday, I have missed them! As always, please let me know if you have any questions and if there is something in particular that I can do to help your child succeed!
- The deadline for Boys Fallon Youth Basketball is Monday, Jan 7. Click the following link to register and for more details: https://fallonyouthbasketball.leagueapps.com/leagues/basketball/840466-grades-3-4-boys-fallon-youth-basketball?ai=ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Some of the take home folders are getting pretty beat up. If your child mentions that they need a new take home folder, please make sure you provide a PLASTIC folder WITH BRADS to keep their homework and reading log secure.
- Signup Genius for Earthquake-proof Structures: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A094AA4AB28A5FB6-earthquakeproof
- We are having a school wide Parent Reading Night on January 15th… more info to follow
- January 21- NO SCHOOL– Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- March 7th, 2nd Trimester ends
- Our 2nd Annual STEM Fair is fast approaching. The deadline for that fair’s registration is April 12, 2019 with the fair taking place on April 28. Please refer to the email from Mrs. Williams for more information, or ask me if you have any questions.