I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with family and friends. I’m excited to return to school and see all the kids! We have just 3 weeks before Winter Break and a lot of learning to squeeze into that time! We will be very busy!!
Scholastic book orders are due this week! Please use our class code W4QP4 to order books.
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Middle School and High School student councils are participating in the Scholastic Pajama Drive and will be collecting pajamas from November 12th through December 6th. The pajamas will be for children in our area who are in need. They are collecting sizes from infant to teens.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
This week we will…
- Identify possessive nouns
- Review common and proper nouns
- Work on writing 5 Star sentences
- Review the 3 different types of communities (rural, urban, suburban)
- Learn the difference between a map and a globe
- Find where we live on a map down to the street our school is on
- Start a writing piece –”What is the best Christmas present ever?”
- Tell time to the hour and half hour using both an analog clock and digital clock
SAVE THE DATE:
- Dec 4th–Book Orders Due!
- Dec 6th–end of the Pajama Drive at Oasis
- Dec 9-12th–MAPs testing
- Dec 12th–Oasis Family Movie Night @ 6p.m.
- Dec 23rd–1st day of Winter Break