I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed this time off from school! It was fun to get a little snow to play. It was nice seeing all the smiling faces this morning. I missed them over brake. We have 3 weeks before Winter Break and a lot of learning to squeeze into that time!
Scholastic Book orders are due by Friday. Orders will arrive in time for Christmas. Here is the link to the online order form. https://editions.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=621735 . Our class code is HLFMD.
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Middle School and High School student councils are participating in the Scholastic Pajama Drive and will be collecting pajamas from November 12th through December 6th. The pajamas will be for children in our area who are in need. They are collecting sizes from infant to teens.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
This week we will…
- Identify possessive nouns
- Review common and proper nouns
- Work on writing 5 Star sentences
- Review the 3 different types of communities (rural, urban, suburban)
- Learn the difference between a map and a globe
- Find where we live on a map down to the street our school is on
- Start on a writing piece –”What is the best Christmas present ever?”
- Tell time to the hour and half hour using both an analog clock and digital clock
SAVE THE DATE:
- Dec 6th–end of the Pajama Drive at Oasis
- Dec 9-12th–MAPs testing
- Dec 12th–Oasis Family Movie Night @ 6p.m.
- Dec 23rd–1st day of Winter Break
Have a great week!!!