Happy December 1st Grade Families,
Upcoming events and reminders…
- Student Council is holding a Pajama Drive. If you are able please send in a new pair of pajamas. They will be accepting PJ’s though December 13.
- Family Movie Night – The Family Engagement Committee has planned the next Family Movie Night. It will be on December 14 in the lunchroom. They will with be showing Author’s Christmas. Doors open at 6.
- Christmas Party — The first grade teachers are planning fun activities for our Christmas party please look for a sign up genius next week in you inbox.
Last Week we…
- Reviewed nouns and verbs
- practiced long and short vowel sounds
- practiced asking and answering questions about a book.
- presented our community helper poster.
- studied rural communities. We also learned that we live in a small, rural, farming, community.
This week we will…
- practice open (he, she), closed (cat, shed) and vowel consonant e (lake, snake) syllable types.
- begin to learn the 4 sentence types beginning with declarative sentences.
- use possessive nouns in a sentence.
- begin an opinion writing on the best Christmas gift.
- Identify where we live on the map and who is in charge.
Math News from the 2nd grade teachers…
1st grade families,
We cannot believe that it is the first week of December! This week the 1st graders completed several mini assessments in order to have grades for report cards. We also began learning about graphs; beginning with picture graphs (Pictographs). All first graders are expected to organize, represent and interpret data with up to 3 categories. As well as ask and answer questions about the data.
We look forward to meeting with you for Parent Teacher Conferences.
Mrs. Rowlett & Miss Jackson.