Happy November! The year is truly flying by. It has been amazing to watch how much the kids are learning and growing! We had a great time at our Halloween party! Thank you to everyone who helped make it a success! It was a great end to an eventful week!
- PLEASE label all coats, jackets, hats, and other winter accessories with your child’s first and last name.
- Please sign up for a parent/teacher conference if you haven’t yet. Last week you should have received an email with a link to sign up for a conference time.
- National Junior Honor Society is collecting coats, jackets, sweatshirts, snow pants, warm hats, gloves and scarves now through November 14th. There are donation boxes in the front office.
HOMEWORK: ***There will not be any homework Thursday, November 7th due to the holiday weekend.
- Reading every night for 20 minutes (This includes sight words and reading group books that are coming home each night. Please return the books each day with your child.)
- Math fact sheet each night
This Week we will…
- Present our community helper posters with our TRIBES group
- Learn about common and proper nouns
- Review long and short vowels
- Introduce verbs
- Practice answering and asking questions
- Write an opinion piece
- Continue learning about ordinal numbers and take an assessment
- Begin learning about shapes and their attributes. For example: A square is a closed figure with 4 vertices and 4 edges. A circle is a closed shape with no vertices or edges. The last figure is an open figure.
Last Week we...
- Continued to practice our community helper posters.
- Had a visit from a military member and a doctor.
- Finished writing the beginning, middle and end of the story Spookley.
- Finished up our unit on subtracting and took an assessment.
- Began learning about ordinal numbers.
SAVE THE DATE:
- November 4th-7th–Oasis Book Fair. Our class will go on Tuesday morning. You can go as a family on Thursday evening from 6:30-8:30.
- November 11th — No school Due to Veterans Day
- November 15th–Parent Conferences
Here are some pictures I snagged of the kids enjoying the games and craft!