The first graders had so much fun on Halloween. The party was a blast and the parade was a highlight of the day. Thank you to all the parents that helped with crafts, games and providing treats. We also had a visit had visit from the firefighters. They taught us all about fire safety. Ask your 1st grader to share what they learned from the firefighters.
- National Jr. Honor society is collecting clean, gently used coats to help those in need in our community. If you have coats you would like to donate please send them in.
- Student Council is collecting non-perishable food for the food bank – If you would like to help with this generous cause please send in a couple can goods or items.
- The book fair will be taking place this week. Our class will visit the book fair on Tuesday to make our wish lists. The book fair will be open from 8-4. Family night is Thursday from 6-8. There will be books games and food.
Last week in first grade we…
- worked on our community helper projects.
- reviewed text features of fiction stories including the problem and solution.
- explored words in the ap family.
- reviewed nouns and ending blends in words (lk, lt, mp)
This week we will…
- determine the job of an author and illustrator.
- review open and closed syllables.
- explore common and proper nouns.
- work on our community helper posters.
Math News from Miss Garcia
Mrs. Bloomfield and I apologize if you wanted to pull your hair out with Thursday’s homework. We have worked on missing addends with number bonds however, not so much with equations like the homework that we sent on Thursday.
If your child struggled, know that we will be continuing to work on this concept, we just got started!
This week the 1st graders will use a number line to find a missing addend, they will count back to subtract 1,2 or 3 from a number within 10 and solve addition and subtraction word problems.