Last week in reading we…
- continued to work on beginning of the year assessments
- reviewed open and closed syllables. (open syllables end in a vowel, and have a long vowel sound ex. hi, she, my, pu. A closed syllable has 1 vowel, followed by 1 or more more consonants and the vowel is short ex. com, cat, pet, dish).
- introduced word work to our daily 5 choices and continued to build stamina in read to self, read to someone and work on writing.
This week we will…
- review the vowel consonant e syllable type ex. ate, lake.
- learn how to make nouns plural by adding es, s, ies.
- begin listen to reading as a daily 5 choice.
Have a great week!!