Welcome back! I hope everyone had a restful and enjoyable Fall break! We are still needing volunteers for our movie field trip!! Please check out our sign up link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c44a9aa2ba5fc1-movie
This week, we will be working on the following skills:
Science: We will begin our unit on the force of magnetism by testing the magnetism of different objects and exploring magnetic poles.
Writing: Personal narratives are finally finished and ready for sharing! I am so proud of how hard everyone worked. Students will be invited to share their personal narratives with the class (and any parents who’d like to come!) on Tuesday starting around 8:30 am. In cursive we will be working on the letter N.
3rd Grade ELA: Our focus skill this week is comparing and contrasting similar texts. We will be reading Cactus Soup as our mentor text and comparing it to the classic story Stone Soup. Additionally, we will be working on identifying the differences between simple and compound sentences. During Daily 5, students will continue to meet with me in small groups to review skills and work on their reading strategies.
4th Grade ELA: Our focus skill this week is comparing and contrasting similar texts. We will be reading the folktale Cactus Soup as our mentor text and comparing it to the classic story Stone Soup. Additionally, we will be working on adding on to simple sentences to form compound sentences. During Daily 5, students will continue to meet with me in small groups for their novel studies and book clubs.
- Reading homework log needs to be signed every night and homework folders brought back to class everyday. Logs will be checked every Monday.
- Mid-years MAPS testing for reading will be the week of December 9th.
- Student Council is hosting a pajama drive. If you’d like to donate pajamas for kids in need, please have your student bring them in. This is the last week that they will be collecting!
- A quick reminder, please be sure to label items (jackets, water bottles, hats etc.). The Lost and Found Table is getting very full. Please make sure you are sending your student to school with a jacket. It is getting chilly outside and can be chilly at times inside the classroom.
- If your child has a game or extracurricular activity, I would love to come and show them my support. Please let me know when and where so I can try to make it!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful week!