Hello First Grade Families,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can not believe that we only have 7 days left!!! This year has zoomed by. We have a busy 7 days ahead of us. Make sure to add these important dates and reminders to your calendar.
- May 28, 29, 30 and June 3 & 4— The 8th graders will have Lemonade Stands during lunch. They will sell it for 25 cents a cup. You may send money with your child on those days. I will not be regulating purchases or consumption.
- June 3 – Summer Birthday Celebrations — We will be walking to Venturacci Park to celebrate summer birthdays. We will leave school at 1:00 and return around 1:45. Mrs. Pratt will be providing a treat for us. If you would like to join us please let me know.
- Field Day– The school sent an email last week with the link to volunteer for field day. Please check your email for that information.
- Homework– We do not have assigned homework for the rest of the school year. I do encourage my students to read books of their choice and practice sight words/fluency.
Last week in first grade:
- The first graders worked hard on their spring MAP test. Everyone did a wonderful job. I will send home the reports with your child’s report card.
- We learned how to use commas when writing the date.
- We read fables and looked for the central message (moral) of the story.
- We compared and contrasted experiences and adventures of familiar characters.
- We wrote about the sun, Earth, moon, and stars.
- We finished our final drafts of our small moment narrative stories.
This week in first grade:
- We will read more fables to find the central message.
- We will finish up first grade assessments for report cards.
- We will go to the 3rd grade classes Market Day.
- We will learn about how adults and kids earn money and about institutions where we can store our money.
- We will have Junior Achievement program on Wednesday. This program teaches about economics and money management through hands-on activities and games.
A Math Message from Miss Garcia:
Reminder: There will not be any more assigned fact homework for the remainder of the school year however, a summer math packet will be sent home the last week of school!
The first graders will took their Math MAP Test on Wednesday. They showed great growth! All MAP reports will be sent home at the end of the year with their report card.
Have a great week!