Wow! I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by! I have such mixed emotions about the end of the school year. I have put off writing this last blog as long as possible, just because I feel like it means I am saying “goodbye” to MY kids. But… I look forward to all they will accomplish in the years ahead and can’t wait for them to come into my room next year and give me a hug! I can’t wait to pass them in the hall as 5th graders and for them to keep me updated on changes in their life. I think back to the first day of school and how much each and every child has changed throughout the year. They are young men and women now! As I completed these last report card comments, it was evident that each child has grown and improved so much. I hope to see y’all out and about this summer… maybe at the park or pool! Enjoy this summer with your beautiful children, they are growing up so fast! Thank y’all for the support you have given me and your child this year. Enjoy your summer vacation!
- Monday- Create a tri-fold brochure to pass on to an upcoming 4th grader… “How to survive Mrs. Farley’s 4th Grade class”
- Tuesday- Taco Bell trip for lunch, then K-5 year end awards assembly. Complete “How to survive” brochure
- Wednesday- students will participate in some fun end of year activities, as well as clean out their chair packs, supply bins, and storage around the classroom.
- Thursday- FINAL DAY of SCHOOL: FIELD DAY. ****Field Day permission slips were sent home with your child on Thursday. PLEASE fill these out and return them NO LATER than Tuesday, June 4th. They will be collected Wednesday, and those who do not have a permission slip will not be able to participate in Field Day. Please make sure your child does not miss out on this annual fun day. Thank you!
Parents should have received an email with details for this day. Here are the highlights:
- NO STUDENT DROP OFF OR PICK UP IN THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT. This area is closed all day.
Field Day is for current Oasis students only – (no siblings, etc.)
- Morning drop off will be in the big south parking lot near Dollar Tree. Parents may park and escort their students to the lunchroom. Please do not allow your children to run through the parking lot – drop them at the sidewalk or walk them in.
School release time 2:00 pm for all students
Students are not required to wear uniforms but must dress with the same coverage as uniforms (no tank tops, bare bellies or short shorts)
Shoes will get wet! Water shoes or sandals are preferred. Tennis shoes are good too but they will get wet.
There are several water activities and swimming suits are allowed (put them on at home under clothing). Suits must be one piece or cover bellies. NO BARE BELLIES! Beach towels are a good idea.
Friends of Oasis Academy is sponsoring a BBQ for all students and volunteers so free lunch is provided (hot dogs, fruit, chips, drink, etc.). If your student has a food allergy, you may want to consider sending them with a sack lunch.
- Label all belongings! (Beach towel, clothing, bag or backpack, shoes, etc.).
Send your child’s belongings in a bag or backpack so they can keep everything together.
Apply SUNSCREEN before school.
- After school pickup at 2:00 pm: Parents/Guardians are to park in the big south side parking lot, near Dollar Tree, and walk toward the playground area. Students will be lined up by last name with school staff releasing them as parents arrive at the release location. Students will not be allowed to go out in the parking lot without a parent/guardian. Please be patient with this process as we strive to ensure the safety of all. Thanks!
- NO DROP OFF OR PICK UP IN SCHOOL FRONT PARKING LOT. This area is closed all day.