I can’t believe it is the last week of school! How I have come to love each and everyone of these 4th graders! I will miss them, but can’t wait to see where life takes them. They will be awesome 5th graders! I am so proud of all that they have learned and how they have progressed.
Here is what our mornings look like this week:
Monday: Work on math board games and walk to Laura Mill Park.
Tuesday: Finish up board games and rotate through to work on each others’.
Wednesday: 8th grade graduation.
Thursday: Field Day
****Field Day permission slips were sent home with your child on Wednesday. PLEASE fill these out and return them NO LATER than Tuesday, June 4th. They will be collected Wednesday, and those who do not have a permission slip will not be able to participate in Field Day. Please make sure your child does not miss out on this annual fun day. Thank you!
Parents should have received an email with details for this day. Here are the highlights:
- NO STUDENT DROP OFF OR PICK UP IN THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT. This area is closed all day.
Field Day is for current Oasis students only – (no siblings, etc.)
- Morning drop off will be in the big south parking lot near Dollar Tree. Parents may park and escort their students to the lunchroom. Please do not allow your children to run through the parking lot – drop them at the sidewalk or walk them in.
School release time 2:00 pm for all students
Students are not required to wear uniforms but must dress with the same coverage as uniforms (no tank tops, bare bellies or short shorts)
Shoes will get wet! Water shoes or sandals are preferred. Tennis shoes are good too but they will get wet.
There are several water activities and swimming suits are allowed (put them on at home under clothing). Suits must be one piece or cover bellies. NO BARE BELLIES! Beach towels are a good idea.
Friends of Oasis Academy is sponsoring a BBQ for all students and volunteers so free lunch is provided (hot dogs, fruit, chips, drink, etc.). If your student has a food allergy, you may want to consider sending them with a sack lunch.
- Label all belongings! (Beach towel, clothing, bag or backpack, shoes, etc.).
Send your child’s belongings in a bag or backpack so they can keep everything together.
Apply SUNSCREEN before school.
- After school pickup at 2:00 pm: Parents/Guardians are to park in the big south side parking lot, near Dollar Tree, and walk toward the playground area. Students will be lined up by last name with school staff releasing them as parents arrive at the release location. Students will not be allowed to go out in the parking lot without a parent/guardian. Please be patient with this process as we strive to ensure the safety of all. Thanks!
- NO DROP OFF OR PICK UP IN SCHOOL FRONT PARKING LOT. This area is closed all day.