Here we are in the last week of kindergarten…what a wild and crazy fun ride it has been! 🙂 This was my first year back in the classroom after doing special education administration for the past 2 school years. For my 12th school year this was the best teaching position I think I could’ve received. Seeing the amount of curiosity and hunger to learn from our students each day filled my cup up! We hit every day running to learn new things in reading, writing, math, and science. I am impressed with the level of skills and motivation to learn that our kiddos came into kindergarten with. So, I want to wholeheartedly thank all you parents for working with your students! It has been a great year and I hope you all have an amazing summer. If you ever need anything in the coming school year or future years of your student’s education, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Even though our kiddos are moving on, I am still completely invested in their educational/social success! <3 <3
Summer break skill practice
To keep our students’ brain healthy, it is Oasis Academy policy that students continue to work on skills over summer break.
- For reading, I will be sending home on Wednesday a reading log calendar. The requirement is for each student to read 30 times for 15 minutes throughout summer break. Parents needs to sign each time your student reads and turn this in first week of 1st grade.
- For math practice over summer break, students will need to do the summer review packet with 10 pages that will be sent home on Wednesday as well. The 10 pages can be done any time during summer break. It will be turned in first week of 1st grade.
FIELD DAY-THURSDAY, JUNE 6th
- DROP-OFF/PICK-UP: Parents/Guardians are to park in the big south side parking lot, near Dollar Tree, and walk toward the playground area. Students will be lined up by last name with school staff releasing them as parents arrive at the release location. Students will not be allowed to go out in the parking lot without a parent/guardian. Please be patient with this process as we strive to ensure the safety of all.
- **Students must have a signed permission slip to go to field day!!
- Students are not required to wear uniforms but must dress with the same coverage as uniforms (no tank tops, bare bellies or short shorts)
Shoes will get wet! Water shoes or sandals are preferred. Tennis shoes are good too but they will get wet.
There are several water activities and swimming suits are allowed (put them on at home under clothing). Suits must be one piece or cover bellies. NO BARE BELLIES! Beach towels are a good idea.
Friends of Oasis Academy is sponsoring a BBQ for all students and volunteers so free lunch is provided (hot dogs, fruit, chips, drink, etc.). If your student has a food allergy/picky eater, you may want to consider sending them with a sack lunch.
- Label all belongings! (Beach towel, clothing, bag or backpack, shoes, etc.).
Send your child’s belongings in a bag or backpack so they can keep everything together.
Apply SUNSCREEN before school
- MOVIE TIME from 12:30-2:00 p.m. after field day all classrooms will be watching movies. Our kinder class will be watching the G rated movie, Emperor’s New Groove.