Hello First Grade Families,
I hope you all enjoyed the snow last week.
- Student Council is holding a Pajama Drive. If you are able, please send in a new pair of pajamas. They will be accepting PJ’s though December 13.
- Thank you to all of the parents that volunteered to help at our Christmas Party and those that are sending items in for our party. I appreciate your help.
- It was nice to meet with all of you last Friday for conferences. I look forward to meeting with the rest of you this week.
- MAPS test on Thursday- First grade will take their MAPS test on Thursday morning. Please make sure your child gets a good night of sleep on Wednesday night and has breakfast before coming to school.
Last week in first grade:
- we practiced open, closed and vowel consonant e syllable types.
- we began learning about the 4 sentence types.
- we started our opinion writing- What is the best Christmas present ever?
- we wrote letters to Santa.
This week in first grade:
- we will continue learning about the 4 sentence types.
- we will practice using possessive nouns.
- we will write our final drafts for our opinion writing.
- we will identify where we live on the map and who is in charge.
A Math Message from Miss Garcia:
This week the first graders began learning about graphs. All first graders are expected to organize, represent and interpret data with up to 3 categories. As well as ask and answer questions about the data. We focus on questions such as how many more, how many fewer as well as how many altogether. Make sure that your kiddos are working on 10 minutes of math each night.
Have a great week!