Hello First Grade Families,
I hope you had a great weekend. The weather was crazy but at least we got to enjoy a little bit of each weather type. The first graders have been busy working on our animal slide shows. We can’t wait to share them with you. We will let you know when that will be when we get closer to completing them.
Last week in first grade:
- We learned our new spelling pattern (-ide). We will have our spelling test on Thursday, 3/14.
- We practiced expanding simple sentences into complex sentences.
- We explored who is telling the story and did a craftivity from the point of view of the Big Bad Wolf and the 3 Little Pigs.
- We worked hard on our animal slideshows.
- We completed several assessments for second trimester report cards.
This week in first grade:
- We will find the main idea of a nonfiction text.
- We will learn how to use prepositions in a sentence.
- We will practice determining the point of view of a passage.
- We will begin our poetry unit.
- We will continue to work on our animal slideshows.
A Math Message from Miss Garcia:
This week we will be completing several assessments for the end of the trimester and reviewing previously taught standards. Together, we will work on adding 3, single digit numbers using the Associative Property and adding numbers up to 100.
Example of Partial Sums (Tens & Ones)
52 → 50 + 2
+ 27 → + 20 + 7
70 70 + 9
~Mrs.Rowlett & Miss Garcia~